Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

It never fails that we are always away for Darien's birthday. This year we were once again with our family in BC. It was great and we always have fun being together as a family. Darien is the only one that really gets to have all the family for his birthday because we are almost always home in the summer. This year my sister and her family came over to my moms to help us celebrate. It was great to be together. It is amazing to see how all the kids are growing up so fast. I can't believe that my nephew is old enough to drive this year. CRAZY!!!
The boys enjoying the celebrations.
One of many cakes. LOL
As has been tradition we always celebrate Darien's and Jamie's moms birthday together because they are in the same month. This year we were so happy to spend the day with Penni's dear friend Betty. She made us a wonderful meal and then had the great treat of cake after.
Getting ready to blow out the candles.
I can't believe that my baby is 11. I really have no idea where the time has gone. Darien is turning into a wonderful young man. I feel so blessed to have him in our lives. This year really seems to have been the turning point for him from boy to young man. He is planning things for his future, starting to make goals and it is so neat to watch. I am so excited to have teenagers. I think that it is going to be challenging but also there is going to be so much fun. I love Darien so much. It can be a hard being the oldest but he is going great and I can't wait for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment