Sunday, May 2, 2010

Women's Conference

This was a wonderful weekend. I really didn't expect to be going to Salt Lake City but after reconnecting with a friend from 16 years ago, we decided to have a get together for the weekend and it was a ton of fun with a lot of memories shared and some wonderful classes.
I was amazed at how many women go to this conference. This was the opening ceremonies.
We had two days filled with wonderful classes on how be better wives, mothers, friends and how to grow closer to our Savior. It was so uplifting!!

I have heard so much about the brownies that we could not resist trying them. They were great. I would go back again just to have one more brownie. LOL This is my dear friend Leah. We met when I was about 16 and we spent many a weekend together going to dances and just having a great time. I can't believe how quickly time goes by but really getting back together was just like the weekends we used to spend together just with the added benefit of having wonderful families now.
They had a concert on the Thurs. night and it was amazing. They had the "Fab Five" and many other wonderful singers.
We even managed to squeeze in some shopping time.
On the final day of the conference they had one big meeting and we were able to listen to some woderful speakers.
All I can say is amazing when you looked around and saw all the women there.
We were very blessed to listen to Dallen H. Oaks and his amazing wife.
I was so thankful that I was able to go to this wonderful conference. I am thankful for a husband that loves and supports me and encourages me to take time to be the best that I can be. Jamie is an amazing father. He was even willing to take on a crazy weekend with the boys. They had one practice each night, on sat. they had three different picture times for lacrosse and then two more games. All I can say is that Jamie is super dad. Thanks sweetie for supporting me. You truly are amazing.














1 comment:

  1. great blog. Just wanted you to know that I enjoy reading your blog, now in then I check and see how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete