It has been a very trying couple of months with our sweet Keagan. Our poor boys has been going through some really trying times and after many meeting with teachers and councilors we have come to realize that Keagan has been holding in some very difficult emotions and not expressing his concerns, fears and worries. It has been very difficult to watch him struggle and have no idea why or how to make his hurt go away. After some more meetings it was determined that he might even be suffering from depression and as a mother that was very hard to hear because you just want to take his pain away and you think that you should be able to make it all better. We really had no idea what was causing it but soon discovered that it all started when his Uncle Doug left to go to Afganastan and since then he has been worrying and having a very hard time. Thankfully we have found someone that we think can help him with those feelings and it seems to be going well. We actually saw a glimps of our old Keagan yesterday when he ran up to his Auntie Joe and said that he had "something special for her" and gave her a big kiss. That is something that we have all really missed for the last few months. It is going to take time but we are willing to take however long it takes to have our sweet little guy back. Being a mom is the best thing in the world but you learn something new every day. I love my children more than words can say.
Anyway, on to the pictures. There aren't a lot of times that I get to go and help out with the kids in school but this time I got to go and help with Keagans in school field trip and I am so glad that I did. It was a great time.
We got to learn about boats and bouancy. It was a great presentation.

After we got build our own boats out of wood and it was a ton of fun. Keagan is such a joy and I am so thankful for the time that we got to spend together.

I tried to get a picture of the tongue sticking out while trying to hammer without hitting his fingers. It was so cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment