Saturday, July 20, 2013

Happy Birthday Darien!!!

So our final destination for this trip was to visit with our dear friends Dave and Jolayne in Connecticut.  They are living there for three years while Dave goes back to school to specialize in his Dentistry.  We miss them terribly.  I was able to go down there last year just before Christmas for a short visit and loved it.  I was so happy that we were able to go and take the boys for a visit this summer.  We spent a week with our "family" and loved every minute of it.
This is a boys heaven.  LOL  Today for Darien's birthday we went to the local air museum and they had a big Lego display on.  Boy were the boys happy.  They were supposed to build something from space.  Luke and Rylan are just getting ready to start.
Stefan built something that could get to space.  LOL
Then there was Darien.  He is his fathers son.
Jolayne and my mom just enjoying some chat time.  It was so great to see the two of them together.  They really enjoy one anothers company.
That is a very large plane.  LOL
These little planes that they could drive were so cute.
Keagan planking.  LOL
I can hardly believe that Darien is now 14.  I mean really were has the time gone.  We are in those ever so important teenage years.  Life with a teen defiantly has its challenges but I am so thankful for Darien.  He is trying hard to make right choices and find his place in this world.  He is so hard working and motivated for what he wants to do in the future.  I wouldn't trade this boy for anything.  He is working towards becoming a pilot and can't wait to get back to Alberta so he can apply for his learners and get driving.  Oh my!!
Happy Birthday Darien!!!
It was so great to spend your birthday with Uncle Dave and Auntie Jo.  Nice face by the way.  I know it was just for the camera.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment