This was our first big adventure while in Hawaii. We decided to climb Diamond Head Volcano and it was amazing and very difficult. It was so great to be enjoying some amazingly warm weather.
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Our Journey and Day One
This is was our trip on the plane. Of course I am pretty sure that this is Jamie's favorite part of the trip. LOL This is our first time going to Hawaii and everyone was very excited. I was able to go there when I was in grade 12 for a band festival. (I know nerd LOL) but it was great to be able to go with our great family and some old time friends. (they aren't that old. LOL)
This was our first big adventure while in Hawaii. We decided to climb Diamond Head Volcano and it was amazing and very difficult. It was so great to be enjoying some amazingly warm weather.
This was a real hike a lot of winding and climbing but my mom was a real trooper and made it to the top before having to climb about 150 stairs which she couldn't do but she was still able to enjoy the amazing view. We brought up the rear with our little trooper Stefan. It never ceases to amaze me how far this little guy can push himself. He gets tired but he keeps going.
I thought that it was the cutest thing that we were able to find him his own little hydration pack for when we hike and he loves it. Of course he got a lot of attention.
This was the start of the stairs, everyone from our group was already at the top. Stefan made it up about half way and then I had to carry him because he was slowing down all the people behind us.
We all made it to the top. It was amazing. Very warm with a nice breeze. The boys thought that it was really cool.
Down we go!!!
This is us now going down the stairs. I decided to carry little man again just to speed things a long. It was a little intimidating because they were so steep.
It was so neat going through the tunnel that takes you to the inside of the volcano (crater).
My love. This is one more adventure that we can say we have done together and I look forward to many more. :)
Of course there has to be a prize at the end for all their hard work. Each of the boys got to enjoy some shaved ice.
This was our first big adventure while in Hawaii. We decided to climb Diamond Head Volcano and it was amazing and very difficult. It was so great to be enjoying some amazingly warm weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment