Ok, I always thought that as your children got older things would get easier don't ask me why I thought that, maybe because you can talk to them better and they will understand more, but as we move into every new stage I am finding that with it comes new challenges.
I am very sad to say that I have a 7 year old who for the past 4 months has been bullied at school which breaks my heart. We thought that it has stopped just after chIt is not physical but emotional and that is very hard. The hardest part is that my normally loving and caring child has turned into some one that is more short in his temper and very emotional, it seems that he cries as that the drop of a hat over the most simple of things.
Today, is one of those days when he just could not bring himself to go to school saying that he is sick. But of course when you are sick you are to stay in bed or on the couch and relax and he doesn't really want to do that, so that tells me that there is something else going on, and once again he tells me that he is feeling hurt by these little boys. The saddest thing is that one of the little boys was one of his best friends last year and some one that Darien wants to have over (even still) because he says that he is nice at our house just not at school. It is all very confusing to me. I am just thankful that Darien has a wondering teacher who is a great support, and very easy to talk to. The other great thing is that Jamie and Darien have a great relationship and Darien is a lot more open with his dad. I am so thankful for Jamie in that he can keep calm when I am just a bundle of nerves and emotion. Thank goodness for balance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment